Dog Bark Control > How To Stop Dog Barking
Compare Bark Control Methods
How To Stop A Dog From Barking
Neighbor's Dog Barking - Outdoor Use
Your Dog Barking - Indoor Use
Bark Stop Professional
|- 35 ft Range |
- Use Indoors
Retail Price: $69.99
Our Price: $59.99
|- 25 ft Range |
- Indoor Use Only
Retail Price: $49.99
Our Price: $39.99
Handheld Bark Control - Portable Use
|- 20 ft Range|
- Battery Operated
Retail Price: $49.00
Our Price: $25.95
Bark Stop Portable
|- 50 ft Range|
- Battery Operated
Retail Price: $34.99
Our Price: $19.95
How to Make Your Dog Stop Barking
Has dog barking become an issue in your household? Your neighborhood? You might wonder "How do I make my dog stop barking?" Well, GoodDeals.com offers a variety of solutions to help you learn what is the best way to stop a dog from barking – for your unique situation. Stop your dog barking through training!
There are a few considerations to take into account when evaluating your dog barking issue. Is the dog yours, or your neighbor's? Is he or she barking inside a house, or outdoors? Are you comfortable with an audible anti-bark device (one you can hear), or do you need an ultrasonic bark control device?
The answer to “how to stop a dog from barking” can vary greatly depending on these situations. Generally speaking, for your dog, we recommend bark control collars and training devices to stop the nuisance barking activity. Is a neighbors' dog barking all night? "How can I stop my dog from barking all night," you ask? An automatic device will help with stopping dog barking when you are unable to. You may even have a nuisance barking dog next door or your own outside dog. To stop your neighbor’s dog or your outdoor dog from barking, sonic or ultrasonic devices may be your only option. Also, keep in mind that these products work most effectively when you are hands on and teach a dog not to bark during the required training period.
Many stop dog barking devices feature several methods of training and several features. We'll attempt to answer a few of questions here by outlining the various types of electronic bark control products we offer. Our advice will aid you to easily train your dog not to bark! If you have additional questions please contact us for further assistance.
- Audible Bark Control: If you don't mind hearing your new anti-bark device, then audible bark control devices are right for you. You will always knows when the alarm is going off, and if it successfully irritates the dog into stopping barking. Sometimes, it'll even annoy your neighbors into training the dog themselves! Audible Bark Control is also known as Sonic Bark Control.
Recommended Products - Super Bark Stop, Super Bark Free, Bark Stop Professional, Bark Free, Bark Stop Portable, and the Dog Off Portable Bark Free. These products feature both sonic (audible) and ultrasonic bark control methods.
- Ultrasonic Bark Control: Train dogs not to bark without ever hearing a sound! Ultrasonic anti bark devices send out an ultrasonic sound wave every time it detects a dog bark (some devices have settings to control how many barks the device must detect before setting off). The sound is annoying to the dog, and it immediately follows their action of barking Because of this, most dogs learn to connect the two actions and stop barking in order to stop the sound. It is much harder to train multiple dogs with this method, but for many situations (like uncooperative neighbors) ultrasonic bark training is a great option. The Bark Control Birdhouse is great for this, because it actually appears to be a birdhouse, fooling many neighbors. This is a highly suggested PetSafe ultrasonic bark control pet training system.
Recommended Products - Super Bark Stop, Outdoor Bark Control (ultrasonic only), Super Bark Free, Bark Stop Professional, Indoor Ultrasonic Bark Control, and the Bark Free.
- Spray Bark Control Collar: If ultrasonic anti bark products simply don't work for your situation, you still have options! Bark collars have the additional benefit of always being on the dog. Dogs can be trained not to bark both inside and outside, meaning that training never stops! Additionally, another dog's bark won't set off the collar, so your dog will be sure to know that the irritating spray and smell are because of them and their barking along. Spray collars have been show to be quite effective in many situations.
Recommended Products - Deluxe Spray Bark Collar, Innotek Anti-Bark Collar.
- Static Bark Control Collar: Has all the benefits of a spray bark control collar, and may also work on particularly un-trainable or unruly dogs. For each bark the dog receives a mild static correction, similar to shuffling your feet on the carpet while in socks and touching a metal doorknob. In the situation that your dog barks at strangers the question is: How do I stop my dog from barking at people? You can't remove the people, so distract your dog with this correction. Our static correction dog collars have many bark settings and sensitivity settings so you can be sure that your dog only receives the correction he or she needs. A sure way to quickly stop that barking is bark collar training.
Recommended Products - Little Dog Bark Control Collar, Dogtra No Bark Collar.
- Remote Dog Training Devices: Teach your dog not to bark, and to sit, stay, or jump! Remote Training Devices do so much more than bark control. They can train your pups where not to go as well as a variety of other tricks. In addition, these are ideal to train and stop your dog from barking at other dogs.
Recommended Products - The ScatMat, the PetAgree, and the Dazer. See our entire line of remote pet training devices.
These devices will help in many situations, but the most important factor is training and love. When you teach a dog not to bark, you are training them for their own sake and of course, your own! Read more about training dogs, getting your neighbor’s dog to stop barking and easily improving your pet’s behavior.
Are you confused on how to stop a barking dog? Learn more about bark control deterrents in our Bark Control Glossary.
I bought this [Outdoor Bark Control] for my own dog, who constantly barks outside. I got him a bark collar, but when we was wearing it, he wouldn't go outside. I read a lot of reviews about products like these, and decided to give it a try. I was hesitant to pay this much money for something like this, but I was ready to return it if it didn't work. There is a setting where it gives an audible beep when it works, so that was a great way to determine what would set it off. I was worried that people walking past the yard or other noises would set it off and would not be useful. So far, seems to be working perfectly. People talking and car noises haven't set it off, but the dog barking certainly did. Now, the dog goes outside, starts to growl, and then stops. It doesn't deter him from going outside, and definitely has stopped him from constant barking. Worth the money so far.
We've two large dogs next door and they used to bark *ALL* night. This device [Super Bark Stop] is about 30 feet away from them, higher than the fence that separates our yards and now they may bark occasionally but it is definitely shorter lived and intermittent. Bottom line: it has helped.
~J. Howell, USA