The joys of the holidays also bring a unique challenge: choosing just the right gifts for friends and family members. Finding unique and special gifts for dads, brothers, significant others, and other men can be quite a feat. Our holiday gift-giving guide takes the pain out of finding the perfect gift for him.
Finding Something For Fathers
Skip the same old golf shirt this year, and choose something really interesting and exciting for dads, grandfathers, and other family patriarchs. Consider introducing a new hobby or a cutting-edge gadget:
- Bird watching and other outdoor activities are popular pursuits. A bird camera, binoculars, or outdoor survival kits are great for these nature enthusiasts.
- If dad is a sports fan, portable stadium seats or tickets to a big game are always welcome gifts.
- While the stand-by gift of a new tie may have gotten old, handsome cufflinks or a new briefcase are fresh alternatives.
- For the dad who has everything, a telescope, atomic clock, or digital weather monitor makes an intriguing present.
Choosing Gifts for Significant Others
Selecting the right gift for a significant other can be difficult, especially in a new relationship. The key is to choose a gift that can be enjoyed together, or with a group of friends.
- A picnic basket or camping gear encourages outings for two. Add a wine carrier for extra romance.
- Get his adrenaline going with water sports equipment. Inflatable water sleds are great for an afternoon on the lake with friends.
- An old-fashioned shaving kit adds luxury and tradition to that ritual of getting ready for a special night out.
- The holidays are a great time to “splurge” on a pair of tickets to a special event, like a concert, sporting event, or festival. This gift offers a built-in reason to spend more time together.
The Right Gifts for the “Little Men” in the Family
Younger brothers, nephews, and cousins still need something especially whimsical around the holidays. It is important to pick out an age-appropriate gift that fits each child’s personality or tastes.
- Preschoolers love toys that let them express their creativity. Gifts like art supplies are always a great choice. Throw in an art smock to make parents happy.
- Elementary-age children enjoy educational games and puzzles. Look for items that are brightly colors and made of durable materials.
- Remote control airplanes, handheld video games, and other small electronics are perfect for middle-school boys.
- Since high-school students tend to have pretty definitive hobbies and preferences, gift certificates are usually a safe bet. Apparel for a favorite college or sports teams is another good choice.
The holidays are an opportunity to share time and love with friends and family. Show how much you care with just the right gift for the men in your life this season. See more Gifts for Him at GoodDeals.com.