Not looking forward to the stresses of Valentine’s Day this year? If your Valentine is absent or non-existent, don’t sweat it - you won’t be singing the blues. In fact, you might even have more fun.
- Book A Spa Day. Valentine’s Day is the perfect day for self-indulgence. Book a day at a local spa with one of your best friends, and get pampered from head-to-toe. You’ll come out feeling revitalized and on top of the world.
- Opt For A Snuggly Day At Home. Can’t splurge on an expensive spa day? There’s no better treat than dark chocolate, a bottle of wine, and a great movie. You can even bring the spa home and beat the winter blues with some toasty feet warmers.
- Throw A Special Valentines Party For Single Friends. Of course, you can invite those couples who wish to come, too. There are endless possibilities – just grab some food and a board game, or throw a great wine and cheese party. You’ll be so busy getting ready for the festivities you might even forget what day it is.
- Hit The Shops. Ah, the cures of retail therapy. Why wait for someone to buy you the wrong present? Buy yourself something nice, and feel good doing it. You could even wear it to your singles only Valentine’s Day Bash.
- Find Your Green Thumb. Always wanted to plant a garden but never had time? Spend your day learning about foliage and design your outdoor oasis, complete with calming water features and bird-feeders.
- Go Outdoors. If the weather permits, have some fun outside. Make some sandwiches and grab some drinks, take your friends and kids and have a picnic.
- Explore a New Eatery. Go to a restaurant you and your friends have never been to. Try something new!
- Adopt a Puppy. No one wants to be alone, not even Roofus. Go to your local animal shelter and find your match. Don’t forget to invest in pet care too, so you can pamper and train your K-9 accordingly.
Valentine’s Day is about showing the people in your life that you love them, whether it is your mom, that special someone, the kids, your friends, or even brand new puppy. Find a way to celebrate that love and you’ll have the best Valentine’s Day ever.