Give Your Kids a Creative Space
It’s important for kids to have a space where they can be messy, adventurous, artistic and creative. But it doesn’t have to be your living room! Several elements can be added to a space to create a fun and enjoyable environment (that’s easy for you to clean up!)
To design a creative children’s room that fosters learning and celebrates your kids’ achievements:
- Hang their artwork and academic accomplishments on the walls.
- Choose interactive toys like the Ziggidy Zag Wall Panel to define the space and expand their motor skills.
- Add drama and functionality by painting an accent wall with chalkboard paint, and supply a rainbow of chalk colors to play with.
- Allow for more rowdy, active play while maintaining a safe environment with a Preschool Fold-A-Mat. They can also use it to build forts, read, do artwork, eat and watch TV, or even take a nap.
- Create a ‘work area’ with a fun table like the Safari Table & Animal Chairs set for a jungle-themed playroom, or just a regular kid-sized plastic table for homework, reading and art.
- Use smocks and mess mats to avoid having colorful artwork from land on your carpet.
- For reading time, fun foam furniture and pillows create a comfortable environment for relaxing.
The most important thing to remember when creating a safe, fun play space for your children is ensuring that it fits their needs. Personalize the room it to their interests and never have to turn on the TV again!