Have you ever been stuck on what to do to impress your date on a low budget? With so many entertainment options that are made available to the public, most quite expensive, we forget the simpler ways to have a great time.
The price for a movie ticket has become outrageous, it’s impossible to get dinner reservations for two at a classy restaurant, and finding something romantic to do is just near frustrating! It’s time to get creative. There are several ways to impress that special someone without spending a fortune.
Here are a few ideas that might help you create an exciting, yet inexpensive date.
- Wine tasting made just for two. Get together a few of your favorite vintages of wine and try them all! Have a small area prepared where you relax and enjoy every last sip along with some tasty snacks.
- Lay out a blanket by the lake, at the park or even on your balcony and enjoy a romantic picnic.
- Move some furniture around and set up a fancy dinner table right in your living room. Don’t forget the candles!
- Have access to a flat roof? A roof can be the perfect place to find a view of the city while enjoying a meal under the stars. (Make sure the roof is safe and easily accessible).
- Rent a movie and provide all the best movie theater snacks. Let the joy of the theater come to you!
- Go apple picking! Find an orchard with your favorite fruit and spend the day in the sun.
- Spend an evening at the Drive In. I know most cities don’t have this luxury anymore, so why not take advantage of that spacious SUV and bring the portable DVD player. You can lay with the top open under the stars and watch a movie.
- Take a picnic in a canoe. A day on the lake can provide you with lots of conversation. Surprise your date with a packed picnic bag. Add a little wine with lunch to make the trip extra romantic.
- Local sporting events. Going to a professional game can be fairly expensive. Try checking out your local minor league team or recreational leagues in the area. These events can be just a few dollars for hours of entertainment.
- Attend local theater or dance events. Whether it’s at the high school, nearby college or town acting club, the talent at these shows can be quite impressive.
There are many enjoyable times to be had without the complexity and expense of planning a day or night out! Enjoy the things, and people, around you while saving yourself money.