Ensure your dog always has access to fresh, clean water.
The WaterDog automatic outdoor pet drinking fountain lets your dog help itself to fresh water, so you don't have to worry about stagnant or empty water bowls. The Dog Activated Outdoor Fountain senses your dog's approach, and automatically dispenses a cool, clean stream of fresh drinking water. Smart sonar sensing technology triggers the WaterDog to turn the water on when your pet comes within three feet (one meter), and turns it off when your pet leaves. You'll never have to worry about what your dog's been drinking again!
- operates automatically, providing fresh water when your pet approaches
- accommodates your dog day and night for up to one year on just four C-cell batteries
- connects quickly and easily to any outdoor faucet
- includes a flow-through connector to accommodate your garden hose as well
Contech's WaterDog Product Specifications:
The WaterDog automatic outdoor pet drinking fountain is constructed of durable, high-quality UV resistant materials, and has been designed to provide many years of reliable service. White-colored components keep the WaterDog cool, even on bright, sunny days.
- Sonar proximity sensor automatically turns the water on when your dog is near, and turns it off again when it leaves.
- The WaterDog senses your dog's presence within a 40-degree angle in front of the unit, and up to three feet (one meter).
- The height of the unit is fully adjustable.
- Operates for up to one year on a single set of batteries.
How & Why the WaterDog Works:
The WaterDog is an automatic drinking fountain that is designed to give your pet direct access to fresh clean water, at any time. A sonar-based proximity sensor triggers the WaterDog to turn the water on when your pet comes within three feet (one meter), and turns it off when your pet leaves.
Dogs quickly learn that they can always get a drink from the WaterDog. This greatly reduces the risk of your dog becoming dehydrated on a hot day, or developing disease from a contaminated water bowl.
The Waterdog attaches easily, without tools, to any outdoor faucet, and the height is fully adjustable to suit any sized dog. With the "Y" connector (included), you can connect a garden hose alongside the WaterDog, so you never need to remove the device to water your garden.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Contech WaterDog:
Can any size dog use the WaterDog? The WaterDogs height is adjustable, making it suitable for dogs of almost any size.
I want to be able to use other hoses on the same tap that I have the WaterDog installed on, can this be done? The WaterDog comes with a 'Y' connector – this lets your tap remain free to attach other hoses.
How do I caring for and cleaning my WaterDog Automatic Outdoor Waterer: Clean the WaterDog with a soft clean cloth. Be careful not to scratch the sensor. If you find that the screen is dirty you can wipe it clean with a damp cloth. Alternatively, you can remove the two screws that hold the screen on and wash it with soapy water.
Ensure your dog always has access to fresh, clean water.
If you have an outside dog, the quality of water he is consuming is cause for worry. It is true that there is little you can do about water contaminants, but what if there was a way you could supply your furry friend with a constant stream of clean, fresh water? With the WaterDog Outdoor Pet Drinking Fountain, you can! This dog fountain is an innovative design based on the traditional concept – do the best you can for your pet.
Operating the automatic pet waterer is so simple that, well, even a dog can do it. All you do is attach the WaterDog to your outdoor faucet and let it go to work. The dog drinking fountain automatically activates when your dog gets within three feet of the device, providing a stream of cool, refreshing water, straight from the faucet, which all dogs love.
All the pet water fountain needs to operate for a full year is four C-sized batteries and a faucet. After this easy setup, your dog’s drinking needs are well met. You no longer have to worry about stagnant or contaminated water, and your dog’s health and well-being is assured. We all try to do the best we can for our pets and now with the WaterDog, their need for fresh and clean water is covered!
The WaterDog Auto Outdoor Drink Fountain is also known as item number: CTWAT002
- Operates automatically, providing fresh water when your pet approaches
- Accommodates your dog day and night for up to one year on just four C batteries (sold separately)
- Connects quickly and easily to any outdoor faucet
- Includes a flow-through connector to accommodate your garden hose as well
- Detection Range: 40 degree angle out to a distance of 1 meter (approximately 3 feet)
My WaterDog doesn't activate when my dog goes near it. What could the problem be? Check to ensure the unit has good batteries. Also, check to ensure the sensor on the front of the unit is clean. If it is clean, try aiming the sensor at your dog, about shoulder height, to ensure the sensor can detect it.
The WaterDog sometimes seems to activate on its own. What can I do? Check to ensure there are no objects, such as tall grass, within the three-foot range of the sensor. You can also try positioning the unit lower, and angling the sensor slightly upward to prevent the device from detecting objects on the ground.
Additional Tips and Tricks:
- To introduce your dog to the WaterDog, place its water dish near the unit. When your dog is thirsty, it will approach the WaterDog.
- If your dog is reluctant to drink from the WaterDog, try placing some peanut butter on the device to attract it.